7 Days Shira Route Kilimanjaro Trek for US$1699/Person, Based on 2 - 3 People
Join a Group,
See Available Dates Below:
June 01 – June 07, 2021
June 21 – June 27, 2021
July 11 – July 17, 2021
July 24 – July 30, 2021
August 05 – August 11, 2021
August 23 – August 29, 2021
September 01 – September 07, 2021
September 23 – September 29, 2021
October 03 – October 09, 2021
October 24 – October 30, 2021
November 03 – November 09, 2021
November 10 – November 16, 2021
November 23 – November 29, 2021
December 03 – December 09, 2021
December 18 – December 24, 2021
Day 1: Shira One Camp (Full board)
After breakfast at Keys Hotel in Moshi, we drive approximately 3 hours through the rural countryside to the Londrossi Gate. For the necessary park registration formalities at the Londorossi National Park gate, we drive a short distance on a steep track through farmland and plantations to the starting of Shira Route. We start our ascent along the shrub forests the trail climbs steadily with wide views of Kibo Icefield to reach the rim of the Shira Plateau.
Londrossi Gate to Shira One Camp (3550 m): 4-5 hours walking.
Day 2: Shira Hut (Full board)
Today we follow an easy path to the summit of Shira Cathedral before reaching the next camp at Shira Hut. As this camp is quite exposed, it can be substantially colder than the previous night, with temperatures dropping to well below freezing.
Shira Camp One to Shira Hut (3,840 m): 4-5 hours walking.
Day 3: Barranco Valley (Full Board)
Today we walk on a gentle ascend and panoramic views. We traverse the southwest side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the Lava Tower and the final section of the Western Breach and after hot lunch the bottom of the Lava Tower (4,600 m.) we descend to the bottom of the Great Barranco valley (3,900 m.).
Moir Hut to Barranco valley (3,900 m.): 5-7 hours walking.
Day 4: Karanga Camp (Full Board)
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier, where we may have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the trail continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley, finally we have a steep climb up to Karanga Camp
Barranco Valley to Karanga camp (4,000 m): 4-5 hours walking.
Day 5: Barafu Camp (Full Board)
Today we take the Traverse Route that takes up the Barafu Ridge, we walk up quite slowly to the final camp before your last ascent day to the summit. The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (4,600 m): 3-4 hours walking.
Day 6: Summit to Mweka Camp (Full Board)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here along the crater rim to main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and we stop at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka Camp.
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
Day 7: Mweka Gate to Moshi (Full Board)
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. After lunch we drive back to Keys Hotel.
Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Included in the price:
- -- 2 Airport Transfers, from/to JRO Kilimanjaro Airport
- -- 2 nights Hotel Lodging at Keys Hotel in Moshi town on Bed and Breakfast basis, Double or Triple Occupancy
- -- 3 Delicious meals a days, boiled and filtered drinking water while on the mountain.
- -- All park entrance, camping and rescue fees
- -- All camping equipment, including sleeping tents, mess tent, mattresses, kitchen tent, staff tents and all cooking utensils
- -- Warm water for washing to be provided every morning and evening.
- -- Oxygen Cylinder - only for emergency
- -- English Speaking Guides (Wilderness First Responder certified), cook and porters
- -- Staff salaries and fees.
- -- Transport to/from national park gates.
- -- First aid kit and pulse oximeter.
- -- Emergency telephone between the guides and our office in Moshi town.
- -- 3 litres of bottled drinking water to be provided on the first day your hike, on the mountain porters will fetch water from the streams to be boiled and filtered for you..
Not included in the price:
- -- Prices do not include sleeping bags
- -- Gratuities
- -- Soda/alcohol unless otherwise noted
- -- Health insurance
- -- Visa fees
- -- International airfare
- -- Laundry
- -- All Meals and drinks in Moshi town
Kindly CONTACT US if you want to book the above tour.